Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Autobahn!

With my brand new rental car (courtesy of Veronica), I struck out upon Germany's fabled Autobahn. Like most any freeway systems one would find in the States (but better maintained), an American could, if suffering from tunnel vision and ignoring the blur of quaint villages whizzing by, think he was back home...except for the other cars rocketing by at upwards of 100 mph.

I, on the other hand, prefer to maintain a comfortable speed of 130 kph (80 mph), though I've already caught myself going about 119 mph. I can't help but be amazed at the efficiency and superiority of the Autobahn system here in Germany in comparison to other roadways on which I've driven. Driving on the Autobahn is a blast...and much moreso when fueled by some good road music - Rammstein's "Du Hast" is my favorite so far.

Who's got a Ferrari I can borrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment