Monday, June 18, 2012

The Kabul Quarters

I've been in Kabul now for a little over a week.  I have to admit that it is not at all what I was expecting.  The security environment is much more permissive than what I had been told (we are still vigilant), the work is nothing like that for which I've spent weeks preparing, but the living quarters are far better than I expected.

Below are a few pictures of our living/work areas:

 A view of Kabul (the domed building is a mosque).


My bedroom - one of several bedrooms in our guest house.  Bathrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, and the kitchens are shared by all of the residents.


One of the (almost) daily incoming dust storms.


 Nikki - one of the guard dogs.  


My office. 


Kabul's "TV Hill."  If you look closely, you can see the hundreds of adobe-type houses built on the hill and the many broadcasting antennas perched on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment